Clothes Collection Drive
For the Joy of Giving Week, Goonj has undertook a massive Clothes Collection Drive in over 25 cities, targeting to collect at least 1 crore units of clothing during the Week.
So let's join hands and do the needful to help the deprived...!!!
You can donate:
*Old clothes(in better condition)
* Old crayons, pencils, books, toys etc.
* Anything that you are not using but can be used by others
C M Engineering College is a registered Collection Centre of Goonj for this Joy of Giving Week. So please make some time and drop by to donate the above.
Gopal Krishna (Akanksha Cordinator) 9703606990
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Its already an year that we updated this blog...our schedules have been so hectic that we were unable to update our readers about the work in the last one year...and hence here are some updates..!!!
- we have decided to be in the education vertical and help as many children as we can to help them study.
- we hare helping a girl for her Diploma from last two years and now she is the college topper. A great news for our team...best wishes to her.
- Donated clothes to children in Sadhana Institute of Mentally Challenged and also visited it couple of times(one being today)
- Donated books and uniform to two girl students in Pune.
- Organized a blood camp with Indian Red Cross Society
- Helped a guy to continue his studies of Graduation
- Likely to get registered as an NGO soon.
- Sponsor as many children as possible to study
- Involve in activities that shall enhance education to children.
- Think of larger projects like renovating old schools etc for better facilities (need much time)
- Be active through Indian Red Cross Society
- Organize Alankriti once again to create awareness on social issues